How do I register an ECT with Thames Gateway TSH for Early Career Framework with Education Development Trust (EDT)?
If you just require ECF services with EDT and not Appropriate Body services please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
If you require Appropriate Body and ECF services please see our Appropriate Body page for registration information.
How does the programme work?
Education Development Trust have worked closely with schools and with the Sheffield Institute of Education, part of Sheffield Hallam University to develop this evidence-led programme to ensure it is based on what really works and how pupils learn.
Early career teachers will be provided with opportunities to learn the theory, put theory into practice, and reflect on personal and professional development with the support of their mentor. Activities include:
- Face-to-face and webinar sessions with expert input from specialist organisations, exploring effective classroom practice across settings, phases and specialisms.
- Regional and local training sessions.
- Regular mentoring sessions centring around the benefits of Instructional Coaching and exploring content with a focus on learning, practising, and reflecting.
- Opportunities for reflection and discussion as well as carefully timed self-study.
- A state of the art online platform to support tutors, mentors and ECTs throughout their two-year induction.
Excellent mentoring will be key to the success of the ECF initiative. This Programme is centred around developing the mentor relationship and includes a focussed learning pathway for mentors.
We will work with in-school mentors to learn new mentoring and coaching techniques, enabling them to strengthen essential skills that they can use throughout their careers. Specialist training and support will ensure each mentor is confident in their knowledge of the Early Career Framework and develops their mentoring skills so that the early career teachers they work with get the very best from the Programme.
Are you interested in working with us as a facilitator?
The Early Career Framework is delivered by a team of local facilitators, most of whom work in partner primary, secondary and special schools. All facilitators receive training as part of their role and will work with a co-facilitator to deliver the online and face-to-face ECF training sessions. Please complete the form below, if you would like to discuss the role and the range of opportunities we can offer facilitators, please contact us email@example.com
The links below will take you to relevant websites or helpful documents.